Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sewing chaos


You would be forgiven for thinking that a robber had broken into the house and ransacked my studio.
Nope, it's just me sewing.

All hell seems to have broken loose in there and I really wish I had a door that I could shut so I wouldn't have to see this chaos every time I walk up the hallway.
So what am I up to? Some time ago I agreed to create a collection of garments for the local Art on Legs wearable art event. I thought I had a tonne of time to spare, not taking into consideration that it takes time to fit models and rehearse choreography. So, my 3 months to create my pieces is now 6 weeks and as you know, I work part time in the gallery as well.

I currently have two dresses (I think) and a pair of pants under way, but who knows what I will end up with as I change my mind constantly. I have ordered fabric from overseas as our local store didn't have what I wanted along with pearls to adorn one of the dresses. I have also put in an order for some new scarf fabrics and plan on using some of those in the show as well. I might even use some of my fabric to make a top of some sort. Decisions, decisions!
When my work is further along I will post more pics. Nothing like a deadline to get me moving!!
xx

10 comments:

  1. It's a creative mess Sarah :) Our place always looks like that when I'm working on a project :) I so love your cabinets and shelving in your studio!! Can't wait to see your creations!! Happy sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I don't feel so bad now because that's what my creative space ALWAYS looks like! A productive mess I call it... Wearable art! Oh I can't wait to see what you create! Happy sewing to you...

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah !! that is great !!!,..you are a real artist !!...love from me...happy week !!..x !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your creations! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative chaos is the best Sarah. Can't wait to see what you come up with. WOW here we come again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun! So great to have your own space that you can spread out and not have to pack away at the end of the day. Can't wait to see your creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Stuff!!! I think we always work better under pressure...the trick is to make sure the pressure is manageable...looks like a lot of fun Sarah.
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee. I adore seeing your creative kite fly, Sarah. Must catch up this week. J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - I love goingto events like that
    I think your mess looks grat - but I would be wanting a door too!!
    Good luck
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see your creations!!! Have fun, Sarah.

    PS: Enter the Cosima Skincare giveaway today: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/cosima-organic-skincare-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!