Friday, July 26, 2013

New chair + market news


Where does the time go? It must be time to catch up on a bit of news. As you all know, I love my art studio room, but there has never been anywhere nice to sit in there. The space is pretty slim and I big armchair was never going to fit. So when I spotted this lovely retro-styled chair in Freedom recently I couldn't get it out of my head. The majority of furniture in this house is either very old, second hand or has been bought from the tip shop, SO, I talked myself into it (the sale did help convince me) and bought it! It is comfy but compact and fits the space perfectly. I'm really happy with it. Look at that pretty colour :)

I used it in the photo above to style some of my new release scarf designs. These are a black and white image of the old Trocadero building in Paris, with either a pale blue or pink border, printed in silk chiffon. I'm really pleased with them and have kept one for myself.

Speaking of scarves, I will be at The Market at the Masonic Temple on Sandy Bay Road this coming Sunday from 10 - 3. It would be lovely if you wanted to drop by to say hello. My fabric arrived last week and I have spent quite a bit of time cutting, sewing and fringing and have 3 new designs ready to sell. This is my last market for a while as I have the Art on Legs event to participate in next. I am supposed to have all of my work ready by next weekend. Ahem, well, that's not going to happen. I have taken this whole week off work, but have not achieved very much at all. Not enough hours in the day!

Well, speaking of which, I had better hit publish and get back in the studio. Thanks for sopping by!
xx

14 comments:

  1. Your chair is fabulous. Good on you for buying something so nice - you can't live by thrifty finds alone! Compact and adorable!

    And your fabrics are just lovely.

    Sounds like you're going to be busy, busy! Now get to work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That chair is perfect.

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chair !!...love that color !!!...x !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty chair
    I'm hoping to see those new scarves for myself this weekend :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chair Sarah. Love it!

    Where does the time go? I seem to have more time but achieve less. Not sure why that is...
    Lesley
    PS. the photograph is at the framers and will be ready in a week or so. I'll let you know as soon as I get it home and hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chair is just fabulous and looks comfy as well! Your scarf also looks amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. Good luck with your market ......hope your do one in Melbourne some time! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new chair and good for you for getting it Sarah! Your work as always is just so adorable. Art on legs...well that's certainly sounds like an amazing challenge for you. Have fun! Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have chair envy! and a great way to style your scarves :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That chair is beautiful! Gorgeous colour. And I love your scarves too...have to check out your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of your scarves and the chair looks nice too - love the colour! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look of your scarves and the chair is great - love the colour! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah...hope all is well with you and yours...haven't seen you around for a while and thought you may be super busy with the Christmas season upon us
    Take care
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's divine and I bet you relish sitting in it.
    How clever are you with the scarves?!?
    Happy day! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!