Monday, September 6, 2010

Studio update + curtain dilemas


It was a very busy weekend here at Molly's Maison. It was probably a good thing that it rained non-stop as it meant we weren't itching to get outside. Instead, we painted my studio room and finished off a bit of plastering. Lyn has installed two downlights in the verandah part of the room and today I ordered a nice chandelier for the main ceiling.
Things to do:
- get the floor finished
- install main light and ceiling rose
- fit cornice
- order, paint and install replacement skirting and picture rail
- fit new window hardware
- clean, clean, clean
- curtains??????
- move in and enjoy!!!!!!
Regarding curtains, I keep changing my mind. Due to the replacing of the floor, my curtain budget is now about $10 (sort of) so unfortunately no fancy Designers Guild fabric for me. Boo hoo!!

Because they wont need to be insulating curtains and I will probably not ever draw them (privacy is not an issue) I was thinking maybe something sheer? I was toying with the idea of the Tord Boontje "Until Dawn" panel, but would need two unless I do a centre panel and then a simple drop at each side, perhaps just a cotton voile. I could even replicate some of the shapes in a hand-made print on the drops?


Any ideas/suggestions from all you creative interior design folk out there would be greatly appreciated.
xx
1st image by me, 2nd and 3rd from dedeceplus

15 comments:

  1. I'm not a creative interior design person but I certainly do like your ideas. I love the panel choice. It will look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's coming along so nicely Sarah! Sounds like the rain was a good incentive to stay indoors and work away. Lyndon sounds very handy installing those downlights. You two amaze me! If privacy isn't an issue, than I'd go for some sort of sheer window covering for sure. Your ideas sound great, especially the replicating some of the shapes to make a print on the drops. Will stay tuned to see what you decide :) Hope you've had a lovely Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the panels !!!! happy new week darling.......love Ria........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Tord Boonje look would be beautiful! I can't wait to see what you come up with! with all your beautiful wearable art skills you could come up with your own 'Sarah B until dawn' design I'm sure! It's going to be so nice to have the studio up and running, I can't wait to see the chandy too!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stitch up a pojagi for yourself with op shop sheers, cost<$10, satisfaction++++ k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, love the sound of hte Tord Boontje panel! make sure you show us what you end up deciding on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh yes fabulous idea! Loving that sheer look... If you change your mind of the DG... Talk to me :)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute windows! Maybe try a cute cafe curtain so you can still show off the adorable window frame??

    ReplyDelete
  9. anything you put there is going to look amazing!!! I can't wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is going to be amazing! I am all for sheers, I love it when the light shines in! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh I LOVE those curtains! They are so delicate and feminine. Love love love them. and sorry I have been such a bad blogger friend lately! I have been here and there and everywhere besides bloggerland! I hope to catch up this week.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting Sarah to be at the stage of putting up curtain panels..yay!!! Can't wait to see what you use, I know it will be beautiful! Happy Wednesday ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great Sarah, it must be really exciting, so much work in that room. I love the idea of the tord drop, i love everything he does, it would work well to just have one drop on one side? I guess it would depend what you are having in/under the window there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have no idea who this Tord guy is, but I'm assuming it is his panel on the pictures. ADORE them.
    With only $10 to spare it sounds like IKEA to me, and no, I don't get a commission. :) They actually might have something in your price class that isn't too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you busy bees! I love the Tord Boontje panels, I have one of his light shades and I love, love, love it. The panels are beautiful, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!