Sunday, September 20, 2009

New creations


I had a great week in Launceston though am still a bit pooped. It was a great class, lovely people and I learnt heaps. Here are two brooches I made from vintage tin and darkened copper sheet. The butterfly is silver sheet and the dew drop is a pearl.

I look forward to trying out a few new ideas in the near future ( when the studio gets set up in the spare room).
I also had to share the somewhat scary desert we were served on the last night. It consisted of chocolate jaffa sauce in the botton ( from the previous night's desert), some marshmallows, super sweet pink mousse and topping. Whoa.... :) It was quite something.


2 comments:

  1. what a fun week you must have had! i just love the little tin bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilacs do well in Tassie, thanks for your comment. They are grafted so that's why they flower so young. Did you plant yours with the graft below the soil level? it stops the suckering so i'm told.
    I'll be doing a similar jewellery course at Orange in NSW next April with Mary Hettmansperger, as part of the Textile Fibre Forum, we'll be able to compare tin birds. K.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!