Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lovely reads

 

It's no secret I love love love books!  All sorts of books but especially art, craft and fashion books.
I recently bought these beauties and thought some of you might like them too.

 
The New Artisans is a beautiful book that profiles over seventy international artists from all areas of craft/art making , including Angus and Celeste from Australia. There are hundreds of images of the most inspiring work. I thoroughly recommend it, though I warn you, it will make you want to jump on the computer, do some searching for these craftspeople and then do some internet shopping!


Next up is Paper Cutting by Laura Heyenga with a forward written by famous paper artist Rob Ryan (I love his work). Again, a thoroughly inspiring book full of stunning colour images of the work of highly talented artists from around the world. The work covers quite traditional paper cutting through to very contemporary, cutting edge work. It makes me want to cut some paper!

 
Lastly is this great book investigating the designs of famous fashion house Louis Vuitton and designer Marc Jacobs. 

 
There's an insert reproduction of an old catalogue. I just love the history!

 
The book is full of eye candy (not to mention arm candy!).
The image below is from one of LV's most favourite collections of mine, Spring Summer 2007. SO much prettiness!
 
 
Are you addicted to books like I am? Do you actually read them, or just tend to flick through the pages of pretty pictures like I do? I already have another bunch of titles on my wishlist.
Have a nice Wednesday my friends.
xx


6 comments:

  1. I. LOVE. BOOKS!!

    I love the way they feel and the way they smell. That paper cutting book is intriguing.
    ...and I agree, the 2007 Spring/Summer collection is one of the prettiest I've seen.
    Gorgeous!
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look gorgeous. I might go hunt down The New Artisans and have an online sticky-beak, looks so lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous books you've chosen Sarah. That paper cutting just amazes me... Oh to have the patience and the skill to make those beautiful images! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like lovely books. I have a lot of garden design books which I treasure. I'm more of a pretty picture person. A picture paints a thousand words as they say x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, how enthralling, Sarah! I've had the first two on my wishlist for ages. They look spell-binding. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look lovely books to dip into and drool over - like you I love books too!
    The paper cutting one looks interesting. The artisan one I bet is amazing, full of inspirational stuff!
    The last one looks pure eye candy, but with lots of interesting history by the looks of it.
    Hope you enjoy them Sarah!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!