Thursday, October 1, 2009

Garden grows


My gorgeous Japanese maple is starting to put on quite a show with its bright red leaves. I love it.

The anemones are starting to bloom as well. I love their bright colours and the way their flower heads emerge from the plant.

Tuesday was a lovely day ( no rain, can you believe it!?) so I planted up quite a few plants into the yard. My tomato seedlings are growing well, or at least they were until the awful wind and rain blew the lid off the mini greenhouse and almost broke their little stems. There looks like being one casualty.

I planted gladiolas, delphiniums and carrots so will be looking forward for them to grow. Now if we could get some nice sunny 'growing' days to balance out with all the darn rain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!