Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fresh mantelpiece


I have been a bit slow to post my post-Christmas mantelpiece. I decided to go with fresh, clean colours.


A very quirky raku-fired ceramic bird by Valerie Willy. Hasn't she got character?


A beautiful hand-printed paper dress by my talented friend, Leonie Oakes, flanked by some cute white bits and pieces.


A close-up of my gorgeous dress :)


A pretty Tord Boontje vase with a couple of candles, both too pretty to burn. The jar is a Voluspa candle and the other is from Vintage by Lou Lou and smells divine with its French Pear fragrance.
I am still working on some art for over the mantel. I have printed a couple of images which I'll show you soon.
xx

12 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Sarah! That birdie is soooooo cool! It does have so much character!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hints of blue, just gorgeous, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, very fresh and nice. Just what we need on these hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love those blues ... such a clever arrangement. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks lovely, but oh my...that bird is an absolute cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so lovely and your photography style really adds to the romance. I love your styling cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle looks beautiful Sarah! I love all the pieces, especially the bird. Loving your French Pear candle, I have put one into my budget for next month :) Enjoy ~ T xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so so lovely !! nice decorated darling !! happy new week ...come and join my party ! love Ria....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I love it Sarah, great colours, and that vase is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the art you have for above the mantle : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, squeal, Sarah! That dress is heavenly. I've had my eye on a similar one for ages - if only Planet Baby's budget would stretch that far. Sigh. Thanks for sharing your prettiness. J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the bird and that sweet little dress! Your mantle looks amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful Sarah. The perfect colours and the bird is gorgeous..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!