Thursday, November 3, 2011

Visit to the Snow Queen's Garden


Hello friends, firstly I want to thank you all for your lovely messages after my sad time lately. I really appreciate every single one of them. What a truly compassionate bunch you are. Thank you :)

On more cheery news, I was very lucky to visit Natasha of The Snow Queen's Garden at her home recently. I have blogged about her beautiful work before.
I was after a couple of her gorgeous deccys to give to Mum and Natasha kindly allowed me to drop by her home.


After a tour of her lovely garden I was able to get a peek at all the work she has been creating for the Deloraine Craft Fair (on this weekend). Boy, had she been busy.
I then adopted the above owl and birdy for Mum.


I might have also come home with this little guy for me :)


Aren't they amazing?
Really hard to photograph too when they want to spin in circles and try to fly away.


Mum absolutely adores hers. I knew she would. I'm looking forward to Christmas when mine can hang on the tree.
Natasha was so kind, I left with a bunch of rhubarb and a posy of beautiful roses. Spoilt!
xx
ps, gosh, only a week until my market debut. I'm almost ready so will show you guys some preview pics soon :)

15 comments:

  1. They are adorable. Good luck for the market, I am sure you will do extremely well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! It sounds like they were just as gorgeous as you'd hoped for, Sarah. And getting excited...J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so lovely Sarah, I don't think they should be out just for Christmas.
    So sorry to read about the loss of your aunt - you wrote a beautiful post in her memory.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't they fabulous! All the best with the lead up to the market debut Sarah. I'll be in Hobart in January...hopefully there'll be some markets when I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, Sorry to hear about your Auntie, sounds like she had a good life, I like her remedy for blisters! Ouch! The little birds are too gorgeous , they will be lovely on the tree.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. delightful little hangings, and very nicely beaded too. good luck for your exhibition in a week, wish i could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they're pretty darn cute, do you know if she's going to be at any of the Hobart markets before Christmas? i can't wait til the market next week, I miss them now they're only once every 3 months. I look forward to meeting you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those felt decorations are so so gorgeous! Perfect for Christmas! I am so excited for you! You will have to tell us how you go on your big market day!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice !!!...enjoy the day darling....take care.....love from me...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are gorgeous Sarah, beautifully made by the look of it. It's definitely getting to that time of year for decoration! Cool market next weekend, can't wait to see your work : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved these when you last shared them and love them even more now- they're adorable! Does Natasha have an Etsy or Madeit store? I'd love to order some for either Grace or Sophie's room to hang...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, Natasha's work is exquisite. And like Amanda asked, does she have an etsy store at all?
    It sounds like you had a nice visit. Sent home with goodies is always a bonus! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just amazing Sarah and sounds like you had alot of fun. Glad you are doing something nice after such a sad time. xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such details in the craft! Such talent :) Your newest follower, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the decorations, they are gorgeous.

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!