Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A 'wee' vintage purchase


Last week Mum and I went to the Hobart Antique Fair. A lot of local stalls but quite a few from the mainland too. We both saw lots we liked but little we could afford, a common problem of mine.
I did find an old chamber pot for $48 which I thought was quite good. Quite decorative for a potty. It did have gold edges that have been worn of over the years (or through use???). It doesn't bear thinking about!
I also picked up these three old postcards. The top left one is celluloid. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but just thought they were pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I've always admired those 'wee potties', so decorative one couldn't bear to use them for .....anything but keeping flowers in. Lovely postcards too, just nice to look at occasionally.
    BTW, i've always had raised veggie beds, bit of work in setting up but they pay off in the end. Good drainage and warmer in Winter. Dogs don't mess them up either! cheers, K.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!