Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bits and bobs... wood


This is hopefully the start of a mini series for me, a way to get a bit of bloggy mojo happening when there's not much else going on during winter.
As many of you will know, I love collecting little treasures, vintage bits and pieces as well as memories. I love those vintage-inspired specimen photos you see around the traps and so here's my first - a small collection of wood items from around the house.
Twigs, old cotton reels, letterpress letters and a beautiful children's shoe form (I adore this!).
I hope you might enjoy this and future photos.
Is it cold where you are? Boy, it's becoming a struggle to get out of bed in the morning. Brrrr!!!
xx

13 comments:

  1. It is cold here too Sarah. Sunny but cold. Love your bits and pieces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. I love your collection!! It's actually a little cold here ( in the 50's) for summer. Last week our swimming pool was 84', this morning it was 68'. Yuck! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do collect some lovely pieces so I know I will enjoy this series. I love letterpress letters.

    Yes, chilly here now too. Put out heater on as soon as I got up :) Stay warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little collection, especially the twiggy bit and the lovely soft shadows! Very artistic.
    We are obviously thinking the same thing about the weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Sarah! So soft and makes you feel you've gone back in time.
    Cold here too! Very chilly
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all things old and wood, look forward to seeing more. And yes, it's cracking freezing here, bound to be -4 o'nite and yesterday was only max 8, but with a SE'ly. Double Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fab! I think there could be an exhibition from this series...seriously x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and I have the matching adult shoe forms!!! Cold wet and miserable here but perfect weather to read everyone's posts and not feel guilty!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love all your little vintage finds and love the photo you took of them too smooch xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always a little andy of people with collections. I could say i collect live cats. I always wanted to have one, but I live in a little house full of books, cds, dvds...junk is everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this image when I saw it on your Instagram Sarah. Of course I love your wee collection, but also you've styled this image so beautifully. Really looking forward to this series! Maybe you could do a link series with it? I'd be in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this little collection. what a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!