Monday, December 10, 2012

Molly update


As many of you will know, Molly had a second lot of surgery on her knee last Friday.
She has been doing well, and so far, so good with keeping the stitches in (unlike last time).
We have kept a very close eye on her. She is either locked in the lounge if we are about, or shut in the bedroom with a cone around her neck (we refer to it as her party hat). She hates it.


She is on painkillers, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. Why is it I get the job of administering it all to her?
We go back in around 8-10 days to get the stitches out and to have a look at how we are progressing.
All being well, we are booking her in for stem cell therapy on the joint in the new year. Stem cells are injected into the joint and this really aids healing and the growth of the good stuff in joints. As it was, when she had the surgery the vet discovered a lot of bad calcium growth, which was probably causing a good part of the pain. We would like to avoid that happening again and I think this stem cell therapy could really help.
There you have it! Thank you all for your well wishes. I really do pass on hugs that are 'virtually' sent over the net :)
xx

9 comments:

  1. I hope poor Molly has a better recovery this time around and that her wound heals nicely and the stitches do their job. Please give her another hug from me and a big one from Grace too who loves seeing pics of your darling doggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about Molly over the weekend. I'm glad the surgery is over and you are managing to keep her quiet. Love and kisses to your beautiful girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor little possum. She's lucky to have you to look after her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor baby! She looks so sad :(

    Will keep her in my prayers sweets. I know she means the world to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaawwwwwwww molly........hope your all doing ok too, not nice seeing your fam {and yes my pets are always part of our family} go through things like this, i can imagine molly not liking the big dish smooch lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww! I hope that molly recovers soon and is back to her happy self. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owwww poor Molly.....i hope she will feel better soon......poor poor lady....we thinking of her......love from me warm hugs Ria...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor little Molly. I'm so pleased to see that 'happy' snap of her on your instagram feed, and that she is doing is well. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!