Monday, December 3, 2012

Market success!


Well, the day didn't start off great. I was in recovery mode from chronic hay fever due to the high winds on Saturday and while getting everything sorted and packed I managed to break 2 mirrors. Yes. TWO mirrors. And cut my hand in the process. Well, it was either going to be a disaster or maybe the 2nd mirror was going to cancel out the superstitions of the first.
Thankfully I think the later was true :)
The market was a success!


The scarves received really great feedback and I sold 8 of my 9. Two are being sent to Montreal and another is going travelling to Europe next year. The scarves will be far more well travelled than me!


The little heart brooches I made from 1940's German glass buttons, vintage faux pearls and silk were also a success - I sold them all. I wish I had made more.


And funnily enough, the thing both Lyn and I thought would sell best, the Paris pouches, didn't do as well as expected, but that's fine, it means I can put them on Etsy!


Despite it being a long day I had a good time and it was great chatting to friends and meeting bloggy and instagram buddies for the first time. Thanks so much for dropping by!
What next?
Well, I have to tidy up my studio (crazy messy!) and then I will get a few little bits made that I will pop on Etsy. I have some scarves I hope will arrive today and will (maybe after Christmas) re-order some of the popular fabric that I will make into scarves again.
By the way, did someone mention Christmas? 
Only 3 weeks away? 
I have way too much to do!
xx


18 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Sorry about your hand, but breaking the second one obviously did the trick! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sarah! That's a great effort! Gives you a good feeling when people actually want to buy things that you've made :) I did my first market back in November and like you I expected certain things to sell and otehrs not so much... Well I was surprised too! Did you say 3 weeks?!

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Sarah, sounds like a huge success, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah..you have beautiful items to sell, it's no wonder you did well. I loved those heart brooches on display there too. I'm sure your gorgeous pouches will sell as well...different markets have different customers don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Sarah, a well-deserved success. Don't remind me about Christmas, I think it's effectively cancelled in our house this year. I can't remember where I packed any of the gifts or decorations anyway. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!! Of course it was a success for you m'love! It couldn't be anything but :) You're work is exquisite and I'm so pleased that you did so well. And yes, I can't think about chrissy now... Where did that year go! All the best honey and congratulations xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I can't believe you ever doubted yourself - all your goodies are so special, and I'm so pleased that the market was a success. I'm only sorry my blogtime last week was so zero as I feel I missed out on all the pre-market chatter. It is always so hard when you put things you have made or designed out on 'public' view. The things we make are so very personal, and I can understand your nervousness. I still worry about what people think, and it's been almost 20 years of retail now! The scarves look so beautiful, and the pouches are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Sarah I enjoyed following Janes commentary I
    On instagram. I am so glad it all worked out. It is no surprise, all your things looked beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, well done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So well done darling !! congratulations....love from me...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy! It's always a great feeling when people appreciate your work and actually pays to have it. I love the parisian pouches by the way. They were probably out staged by the scarves.
    Now, rest and cuddle Molly. (hay fever, I know what it's like)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your success! How great. I have never sold a darn thing when I did shows like that. LOVE that blue scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, well done. Such a confidence booster and a good day as well, after the morning's disaster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done Sarah! Everything was beautiful ....I don't believe in the mirror thing as I too have broken more than my fair share. Look forward to seeing more of your amazing work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The heart brooches are wonderful. I guess they simply outshone the Paris pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah, 'They' say bad things come in threes, good to get them all out of the way early.
    The scarves like beautiful would love to see them for real!
    Yep, one never knows whats going to sell at least you will have plenty of Paris pouches for the next market.
    I was at Collinsvale market last Saturday, apart from the nearby fires it was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy the day was as successful for you as it was and you sold almost all of your scarves and brooches. All your wares are lovely and I knew they'd be well received an snapped up xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Sarah, it was only the start of fabulous things, my friend. J x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!