Wednesday, December 12, 2012

New jewellery creations


I just wanted to share with you my most recent jewellery creations. I made these for the market I attended and will either pop the the leftovers on etsy or take some into the gallery I supply now that the market is over.
Above are some little pins I made from vintage brooch fittings and tiny optometrist test lenses.


Above are simple mild steel chains with freshwater pearls.


A few pendants made from mild steel chain, made by me, vintage optometrist lenses with images from my collections of antique French postcards and freshwater pearls. I quite fancy the close up image of the Eiffel Tower.



Above are some chains and a bracelet made from mild steel and antique shoe buttons.


And above is a brooch made from silk dupion, a 1940's German glass heart button and a faux pearl drop. These were a bit of a hit so I will definitely be making more.
There you have it!
I have some new scarves too that I will show you next time :)
Have a good day!
xx

9 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful Sarah. I love the brooches, especially the heart one. I never wear brooches, maybe I should start! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklaces. You have such a creative flair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those are lovely. Where ever do you get such creative ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The broaches are beautiful Sarah, so tasteful. Have you thought of making some Australian ones form old black and white pictures of some of our towns and cities? Being a Sydney girl, I'd love one with a bit of the bridge and if I were visiting Hobart, I'd buy a broach showing a snippet of Salamanca Place, but I wouldn't buy one with a picture of Paris. Hope you don't mind me saying that, but having just waved good-bye to our second lot of O/S guests in the past 6 weeks, I know they would have loved to take home something tasteful and so many souvenirs are anything but. Just a thought. Love to Molly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, I'm not sure if you will read this or not, but I wanted to write anyway. I don't mind you saying that, we are all different. The gallery had pressued me to do local scenes but I just haven't been able to find images I could use (without copyright issues) that I felt were appropriate and sit well with the style of the necklace.
      I suppose most of this work stems from the fact I am desperate to go back to Paris and therefore create work for myself really. I am finding that interesting with the scarves as the colours aren't always to my liking but I am trying to assume that other people will like the muted, natural colours, not just blue like I do!
      x

      Delete
  5. All so gorgeous Sarah, I especially love the heart brooch and will look forward to seeing your new scarves. Hope Molly is doing okay over the last few days x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Sarah ! I love what miss gingham said I think that is such a wonderful idea. Although I admit I love Parisian images . Perhaps some images of Australian birds or flowers would suit the romance of the jewellery and we know you take wonderful photographs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new jewelry! I guess my favorite is the one with the optometrist lens, I'm really into transparent things lately. Like diamonds. Ha ha.
    I'm also glad Molly is doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a clever minx, Sarah. Just the start of great things I foresee, my friend! J x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!