Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pesky and predictive (not to mention embarassing!)

Another scene taken whilst sitting in traffic on the way home the other day

As many of you will be aware, I take most of my blogging photos on an iTouch. It's basically like an iPhone but without the phone. I also use this little device for internet things like email, a touch of shopping, browsing and of course commenting on your blogs.
Why am I telling you this?
Well, it's a very small keypad that I type on and that in conjunction with out of control predictive text I sometimes accidentally post some quirky things.
Case in point: The other night I posted on the very witty and highly entertaining Make Mine Mid Century blog.
Here is my comment...

What a lovely giveaway! I adore the pillowcase and gave been wondering what Pam's soap is like. The moomin doesn't look very impressed that she's portrayed as a purse.
I'm with you on that house - utter gorgeousness!
Stick to your guns re the bad customer service. That's such a gripe of mind too. I thought of you recently when I bought some buts from an online shop calked Larry Post as they had moomin computing in books that looked nice. Their service was good too :)

Whhhaaaattttt?????? How to make me look either insane or like an idiot, or maybe both.
Yes, okay, I should have checked it before I pressed GO but the screen is tiny and it was getting on bedtime. I did laugh when I read it, so did MMMC.
(For the record, I did not go "butt shopping" like I said I did)
On another blog I just caught myself from posting that she had some "lively thongs" rather than "lovely things" and I have also been lucky to catch myself a number of times when the word "what" came up as "shat". Simply charming, don't you think?
Soooo, in addition to a nice new DSLR, can I also put in a request to the universe for an iPad or a laptop that works properly, pretty please?
Do you guys find technology frustrating? Is it getting away from you? I started getting lost when bluetooth started popping up. And no, I am not THAT OLD!
xx

14 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this post. I often blog from my ipod touch as well. It is very tricky. Good luck with the next round of butt shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chuckling chuckling - and what's a blue tooth? yes i know, something you buy at the orthodontists.
    I didn't think "butt shopping" would be allowed down there anymore in Hobart Town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another thought - i got caught out recently when i wrote on a friend's card and wanted to change what i'd written and started to then couldn't work out why i couldn't delete and alter the word sequence like you can do on the screen! duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! Sometimes the technology is a bit too smart. I'm not a fan of predictive text - how does it know what you want to say until you've said it! They should give you the option to turn it off. Anyway, makes for a funny story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny, it happens to me all the time as I do a lot of my blogging from the iphone...and commenting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny - what a muddled up comment :) Predicitve text can be a bit dangerous at times x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me smile! I know what you mean with the technology thing!
    Love your picture, and loved your Friday flower too!
    You always take gorgeous pics! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. Predictive text is way too confusing for me - I don't like it at all. Makes for a great laugh you have to admit!!

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. SMILE :)
    and do not miss

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he he! Now that I'm an iPhone user, I can appreciate this. Thank you for a little Monday laugh! gxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant commenting Sarah! That predictive text is just far too clever for itself sometimes. Can I just warn you that an iPad is just as bad - not that this is a reason not to want or use one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah I laughed so hard I cried!! But shopping? I know what you mean though the predictive texting has gotten me a few times. I can't believe you use it to do all your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. jajaja!!! this is soooo funny!!!
    hugs dear

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!