Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The verdict : choccy pav with salted butterscotch sauce


Well, there it is, the much talked about Chocolate Pavlova with Salted Butterscotch Sauce that I made over the weekend.
I have never made pav before and I think I may have cooked it a tiny bit less than I should of as it collapsed a little when it cooled. Thankfully the 600ml of cream (lots of healthy calcium!) filled the ditch :)
Well, the verdict is that it is rather good but very rich. I'd have been happy with a little less chocolate in the pav itself as it had both cocoa and chopped chocolate. The butterscotch sauce is delicious and I'd say it would be wonderful in a sundae with banana or on some lovely crepes. YUM!!!
I should really post the butterscotch sauce recipe. I left out the schnapps as it didn't seem worth buying a whole bottle for 1tblsp of it in the sauce. I really don't think it needed it.
Next on my baking list is that gorgeous looking applecake that my bloggy friend Catherine baked over the weekend. It's from the most recent Real Living magazine. I like to tell myself that because it includes fruit, that makes it healthy :)
What have you guys been baking? Something nice?
xx

15 comments:

  1. I only just heard of a chocolate pavlova yesterday (at the gym - the shame of the lady who ate some at a 40th) i can't quite imagine the taste?? Looks amazing, butterscotch sauce, wow wee, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious !!!! have a nice week darling....love Ria....xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thanks for sharing, Sarah - that's one I'm planning to make. You might want to try my recipe at http://www.lifeonplanetbaby.com/2010/09/spring-has-sprung.html - it's never failed me yet! J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, my hips just got bigger after reading this post. Yum!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that sounds divine. I must admit, I've never quite mastered the pav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Pav looks divine Sarah, I love the sound of it and I love the sound of the sauce with ice cream too! Oh dear now I feel like I need something sweet to get me through the afternoon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pavlova looks yummy with that gorgeous topping on it! I'm hoping to make a batch of pecan biscuits this afternoon with Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore chocolate pavalova and that one looks amazing! I have made a few over the last few years but never with a butterscotch sauce, it sounds delicious! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just got a sugar rush without actually eating sugar! It looks so good. Lucky Lyn, it is fun to be spoilt a bit xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh Sarah that looks so yummy!I'm sure the meringue was perfect, they always tend to break up/look a mess/ whatever but its what they taste like that matters!!Yours looks great and tastes great I'm sure!
    And when you make it again you can make the little adjustments to suit your taste.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm almost drooling here - it looks so delish! I'm not very good at baking, but I manage cupcakes somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh sounds so yummy, well done

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!